With maddening hunger
I’d write to the point of suffocation
I’d write myself into nervous breakdowns
Manuscripts spiralling out like tentacles into abysmal nothing
And I’d write about you
a lot more
than I should
Benedict Smith, “I Wish I Wrote The Way I Thought” (via phdandy)
The worst of having a romance of any kind is that it leaves one so unromantic.
- Oscar Wilde
It’s not a religion, it’s just a technique.
It’s just a way of making you speak.
Distance and speed have left us too weak,
And destination looks kind of bleak.
Our elements are burned out, our beasts have been mistreated.
I tell you it’s the only way we’ll get this road completed.
In the space between our bodies, the air has grown small fingers.
Just one caress, you’re powerless, like all those clapped-out swingers.
Slogans and graffiti in the streets:
- The more you consume, the less you live. Commodities are the opium of the people.
- Abolish copyrights: sound structures belong to everyone.
- L’ennui est contre-révolutionnaire. (Boredom is counter-revolutionary.)
- L’imagination prend le pouvoir! (Imagination takes power!)
- Soyez réalistes, demandez l’impossible. (Be realistic, ask the impossible.)
- Prenez vos désirs pour la réalité. (Take your desires for reality.)
- On achète ton bonheur. Vole-le. (They are buying your happiness. Steal it.)
- Le patron a besoin de toi, tu n’as pas besoin de lui. (The boss needs you, you don’t need him.)
- L’été sera chaud! (Summer will be hot!)
- On ne revendiquera rien, on ne demandera rien. On prendra, on occupera. (We will beg for nothing. We will ask for nothing. We will take, we will occupy.)
- In a society that has abolished every kind of adventure the only adventure that remains is to abolish the society.
- Sous les pavés, la plage. (Under the paving stones, the beach.)
- Vivre sans temps mort et jouir sans entrave. (Live without wasted time and enjoy without hindrance.)
- Warning: ambitious careerists may now be disguised as “progressives.”
- I love you!!! Oh, say it with paving stones!!!
- Under 21? [Picture of a brick] Here is your ballot!
“Humanity won’t be happy till the last capitalist is hung with the guts of the last bureaucrat.”